ORGANISATION/COMPANYEindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/07/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Eindhoven
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38.0
The Control Systems Group at the Electrical Engineering Department in Eindhoven University of Technology has an opening for a Postdoc position for 1+1 years in the area of Dynamic Modeling and Model Based Control of Industrial Chemical Processes.
The positions is related to model based operation technologies (Model predictive control, model based process monitoring ) for energy savings in the process industry. The ideal candidate should have expertise and a relevant track record in one or more of i) dynamic process modeling (data driven, physics based), ii) advanced process control and optimization iii) estimation and process monitoring. Demonstrated knowledge of using commercial process modeling software such as gPROMS is a plus.
The post-doc position is for 1+1 years and the work is going to be executed at TU/e collaborating closely with industry (food, bio and chemical) and researchers from other academic institutions.
The research mission of the Control Systems Group is to master complexity present in mechatronics, power systems, automotive systems and industrial processes. The group focuses on fundamental research in model reduction, spatial temporal systems, Lyapunov methods for real-time control and distributed systems, and system identification. Furthermore, many industrial projects are being carried out in the area of automotive, process control, wireless sensor networks, power systems. The group actively participates in the Dutch Institute of Systems and Control (DISC). For more detailed information on the activities of the group please check http://tue.nl/cs/ .
We offer an exciting job in the group Control Systems of the Eindhoven University of Technology:
- A fulltime appointment for 1 year at Eindhoven University of Technology http://www.tue.nl/en/
- Gross monthly salaries and conditions are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities (CAO NU), scale 10 (between € 2972,00 and € 4274,00 depending on your experience).
- More information on employment conditions can be found here: http://www.tue.nl/en/university/working-at-tue/working-conditions/
- Interesting cooperation with the high-tech and process industry in- and outside The Netherlands.
- An attractive package of benefits, including end-of-year allowance, and excellent sport facilities.
For more specific information about this position please contact: vacancies.cs[at]tue.nl .
For information concerning employment conditions, you can contact: Mrs. Tanja van Waterschoot, e-mail: t.a.m.v.waterschoot[at]tue.nl .
Interested candidates with a background in systems and control, (applied) physics, mathematics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering or a related field are encouraged to apply using the 'apply now'-button. You should upload the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae, a letter of motivation and portfolio with relevant work.
- A cover letter explaining your motivation and suitability for the position.
- A list of publications and key achievements in research project(s)).
- Contact information of two references.
- Copies of diplomas with course grades.
Please keep in mind; you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each.
Web site for additional job details
We are looking for candidates that match the following profile:
- A PhD degree in Electrical, Chemical Engineering or related disciplines with excellent grades
- Good publication record.
- A team player that enjoys coaching of PhD and Master students in multicultural teams.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Excellent English language skills (writing and presenting).
EURAXESS offer ID: 408124
Posting organisation offer ID: 54853
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.