RESEARCH FIELDNeurosciences › OtherOther
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/07/2019 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Leuven
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK38
Participating in spokenconversation constitutes a multitasking situation with concurrent demands onsensorimotor (auditory, postural) and cognitive functioning (memory processing,attention, cognitive control). Age-related changes in multisensory integrationand cognitive control are likely to put accumulating constraints on listening.In this project we investigate the interplay between postural control andauditory (temporal) processing under ecologically relevant listening conditionsin persons with different degrees of age-related hearing impairment (ARHI, presbycusis)using electrophysiological and behavioral outcome measures. The planned studiescomprise assessments of ARHI in larger samples in Flanders, multi-taskingexperiments with different adult groups, and a training study. Results have potentialimportance for the treatment of ARHI.
- -the opportunity to bepart of a stimulating, multidisciplinary research group
- -stimulating researchenvironment & excellent training
- -access to state-of-theart technologies
- Master Logopedische en Audiologische Wetenschappen, Master Psychology,or equivalent
- profound interest inaging auditory system and adult neurocognitive development
- background or profoundinterest in experimental research and neurophysiological methods
- fond of reading, strongcommitment to basic and applied clinical research
- good data analysisskills and knowledge of statistics
- good communicationskills in spoken and written English, team player
For more information please contact Prof. dr. Astrid van Wieringen, tel.: +32 16 33 04 78, mail: email@example.com or Prof. dr. Ralf Krampe, tel.: +32 16 32 61 04, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for this job no later than 28/07/2019 via the online application tool
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 416538
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.