ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Limerick
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/11/2019 12:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONIreland › Limerick
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic Post Doctoral Researcher with excellent methodological, organisational, communication and interpersonal skills to promote and facilitate the conduct of different components of a research project at University of Limerick. This post doctoral position is funded through the Health Research Board Definitive Intervention Feasibility Award (DIFA) grant 2018.
This Post Doctoral Researcher will be expected to have knowledge of applied physical activity interventions, health outcomes and healthcare delivery in people with stroke or other clinical populations, through the use of both qualitative and quantitative research methods. The successful applicant will bring research and/or clinical expertise in stroke-related healthcare.
The overall project focuses on using a novel, flexible experimental trial design to develop, deliver and evaluate a stakeholder-informed intervention to improve PA in people after stroke. A co-design process will be used to develop the smartphone application for intervention delivery.
The post holder will have responsibility for ensuring research objectives are met through the appropriate implementation of research protocols, working alongside the Principal Investigator and research team.
CONTRACT TYPE: Specific Purpose
SALARY SCALE: Salary Scale: €37,874 - €49,048 p.a. pro rata (maximum starting salary €37,874 p.a. pro rata)
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELMedical sciences: PhD or equivalent
- Experience of qualitative research methods.
- Experience in collaborative project management.
- Experience in stroke-related healthcare, health services or research.
- An ability to win the confidence of stakeholders, researchers and research partner representatives
- An ability to foster and sustain academic relationships internally and externally.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in work practices and an ability to work to deadlines.
- A capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently.
- Doctoral degree (level 10 NFQ) in health related discipline, (completed or near completion, please give date of Viva).
- Experience of quantitative research methods.
- Excellent publication record in health-related research, with evidence of at least one top quartile journal publication.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience designing and/or delivering a physical activity intervention in a healthcare or research setting.
EURAXESS offer ID: 461419
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.