ORGANISATION/COMPANYRiga Technical University
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE25/04/2020 15:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONLatvia › Riga
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20
OFFER STARTING DATE27/03/2020
Open competition for the recruitment of doctoral students and scientific degree applicants at Riga Technical University No. 2020/3
Riga Technical University announces the selection of doctoral candidates / scientific degree candidates for the position of researcher in the study direction “Mechanics and metal working, heat power industry, heat engineering and mechanical engineering” in the science sector “Mechanical engineering and mechanics”, in accordance with the Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 9 of January 9, 2018. 25 “Operational Programs Growth and Jobs” 8.2.2. Specific Support Objective “To Strengthen Academic Staff of Higher Education Institutions in Strategic Specialization Areas”, European Social Fund Project “Strengthening of Academic Staff of Riga Technical University in Strategic Specialization Areas” Nr. 188.8.131.52/18/A/017.
Candidate Requirements and Selection Criteria:
- PhD student of an accredited PhD study program or candidate for a scientific degree (hereinafter jointly referred to as - Doctoral student) who has not and has not been elected as a lecturer or assistant in study work;
- The doctoral student plans to submit it for public defense of the doctoral thesis and obtain the first doctoral scientific degree by 31 May 2021;
- Have successfully passed the tests prescribed in the PhD study program plan for the relevant semester and study year;
- Interest in study work and readiness to contribute to the development of the study direction;
- Positive reference from supervisor of the doctoral thesis of the PhD student as a potential lecturer;
- Participation in International Scientific Conferences;
- Publication of at least one scientific article in an international edition is desirable;
- At least two bachelor thesis supervision;
- Participation in Scientific projects;
- Supervision of study works and practical works is desirable;
- Desirable English language skills at C1 level.
Application for Selection (Annex 1) and its annexes may be submitted signed with a secure electronic signature containing a time stamp by sending an electronic document to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or in person on a paper-bound folder in RTU staff department, Riga, Kaļķu Street 1-213.
Salary range from 217 to 1000 Euro for part-time (0.5) work.
Application deadline: April 25, 2020
When applying for a competition, the candidate agrees to the processing of his personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/95 / EC / 46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation) and for storage at the Riga Technical University Personnel Department. Without the consent of the candidate, personal data will not be transferred to third parties, except in the cases specified in the laws and regulations in force in the Republic of Latvia.
- Work on modernization of study courses and accounting tools in the field of mechanical engineering and mechanics;
- Participation in preparation and conduction of lectures and practical works in the study courses:
- Fundamentals of Computer Aided Engineering Calculations and Design in mechanical engineering;
- Computer-aided engineering graphics in mechanical engineering;
- Manufacturing and technological processes in mechanical engineering;
- Polymer technology;
- Work with scientific equipment of the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics, to create new accounting tools and prepare samples for practical classes in the aforementioned study courses.
Documents to be submitted:
- Application for Doctoral Student Selection (appended);
- Schedule of the research carried out and time schedule of planned research (in quarters; Annex 1.1);
- Extract from the Pre-Defense Protocol (if applicable);
- Statement on studies in doctoral study program, if Doctoral student acquires doctoral studies outside RTU;
- Curriculum vitae (CV) of the doctoral student using the Europass form (Guidelines for CV preparation - Annex 2, Guidelines for self-assessment of English language skills - Annex 3);
- Application to the Rector of RTU for applying for the vacancy (form - Annex 4);
- Doctoral thesis supervisor's recommendation / feedback on doctoral student as potential lecturer;
- Letter of motivation (in free form).
EURAXESS offer ID: 508671
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.