ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Gdansk, Faculty of Chemistry
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Physical chemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE27/04/2020 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Gdansk
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate for a research assistant position in the Department of Physical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Gdańsk. The person has to hold a Master degree in the field of Chemistry or similar and should have:
• experience in computational chemistry
• knowledge of quantum chemical methods and software, namely: Gaussian09
• knowledge about density functional theory methods confirmed in the form of scientific publications
• knowledge of various specialized software for pre- and postprocessing the data including Maestro (Schrodinger), AmberTools and visual programs, like VMD, Pymol and GaussView is a must
•familiarity with hybrid calculations (ONIOM) and molecular dynamics simulations – especially with GROMACS.
• fluent work on both windows and linux operating systems
• knowledge of programming languages in scientific applications: Fortran, C and Python would be a great advantage
• other achievements (prizes, scholarships) – optionally
• experience in teaching Chemistry at academic level
• very good command of the English language (speaking, listening and writing, certified) and excellent command of the Polish language
• predispositions for scientific and didactic work
• ability to work individually and in a group
EURAXESS offer ID: 508745
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.