ORGANISATION/COMPANYBARCELONA SUPERCOMPUTING CENTER
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › OtherEngineering › Computer engineeringEnvironmental science › OtherGeosciences › OtherInformation science › OtherTechnology › Information technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/07/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2020
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND
REFERENCE NUMBERSTARS 3rd Call (2020)
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER754433
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
STARS programme aims at fostering the training of highly skilled post-doc in all fields of High Performance Computing and related applications. This initiative is part of COFUND call of the Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions within the Horizon 2020 Programme.
The programme will award 20 outstanding post-doctorate researchers of all nationalities with 24-month INCOMING fellowships, providing them with all necessary tools for developing their potentials, deepening their skills and knowledge in a stimulating, international and interdisciplinary environment, and offering them intersectorial short secondments (1-3 months) with private industry or non-academic research centres (such as Lenovo, CISCO, AstraZeneca, IBERDROLA, EU JRC, AEMET, IRB and CRG in order to boost their career perspectives as successful independent researchers. Short secondments periods under the premises of these partner institutions will take place within the STARS programme. Fellows will also be strongly encouraged to participate at least once a year in an international event in their domain of research.
This call will award up to 6 fellowships.
Please find below BSC research lines and groups available to welcome a postdoctoral position in the STARS programme.
- Coordinator of the action: Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC).
- Areas of research: HPC and related applications, specifically in Earth Science and Meteorology, in Life Sciences, Genomics and Personalised Medicine and in Computational Engineering and Physics and Computational Social Sciences.
- Candidates: postdoctoral researchers with international mobility (see "how to apply" for elegibility rules)
- Offer: 24-months incoming fellowships.
- Salary range: Annual living and mobility allowances (35.000€ gross salary) + Annual Family allowance Researchers (1.500€ gross salary)
- Additional support: Annual budget for Travel and Research & Training activities (5.400€)
- Mobility rule: Candidates may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the call deadline. Time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- Candidates must at the date of the call deadline be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience. Full-Time Equivalent Research Experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree entitling him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged.
- Candidates must not have been awarded a PhD degree for more than 6 years prior to the call deadline or may not have more than 10 years of research experience prior to the call deadline. Exceptions are made for documented periods of parental leave and sick leave. Women may claim up to 12 months for child, for a maximum of 3 years.
EURAXESS offer ID: 520188
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.