ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Innsbruck
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Computer systemsTechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE18/06/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Innsbruck
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/07/2020
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Digital Science Center (DiSC) of the University of Innsbruck is hiring a systems administrator (VwGr IIIb, 40 h / w). We are seeking to fill the vacancy as soon as possible.
- consolidation and maintenance of software developed at the Digital Science Center (Python, R, C++, ...); management of research data
- systems administration and development
- technical support for activities and projects conducted at the Digital Science Center
The minimum gross salary stipulated by the Austrian collective agreement is € 2.422 / month (paid 14 times a year). If the candidate has professional experience relevant to the position, the salary may be increased. In addition, the university offers a wide range of benefits, see here: https://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/
We are looking forward to receiving your online application via the university's career portal by 18 June, where you can also find the legally binding German text of this job offer: https://orawww.uibk.ac.at/public/karriereportal.home, reference number PERS.Abt.-11254.
The University of Innsbruck seeks to increase the share of women in the workforce and explicitly encourages qualified women to apply. This applies to management and research positions in particular. If women are underrepresented, a female candidate will be given preference over a male candidate provided they are equally qualified.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED LANGUAGESGERMAN: ExcellentENGLISH: Good
- bachelor's degree or equivalent (e.g. higher education qualification in a specific field combined with expert knowledge or professional experience related to that field)
- excellent Linux skills
- good programming skills (Python preferred)
- the ability to work independently, attention to detail
- the ability to work in a team and to cooperate
- customer and service orientation
- strong reliability
- commitment and motivation, willingness to continuously acquire new skills
- flexibility and the ability to cope with pressure
EURAXESS offer ID: 522214
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.