ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Psychology Polish Academy of Science
RESEARCH FIELDPsychological sciences › Behavioural sciencesTechnology › Computer technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/07/2020 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warszawa
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20
OFFER STARTING DATE09/06/2020
REFERENCE NUMBERIP .1100.1.2020 .ID LAB
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
IP .1100.1.2020 .ID LAB
Institute of Psychology
Polish Academy of Sciences
Virtual Reality and Psychophysiology Lab
in IDEALAB project:
VAPE (Virtual Air Pollution Experience)
How does multisensory virtual experience impact environmental behaviour?
Applications are invited for a Co-Investigator to join the VRLAB IP PAN team based in Warsaw, Poland.
The project aims to understand how multisensory virtual experience impacts real environmental behaviours. It uses VR techniques, various measurements of behavioural change, real time pollution data visualisation, and economics. More detailed description can be found here.
- development of multisensory virtual environments
- development of own tools and libraries
- setting up and conducting lab and field experiments
- preparation of reports and publications
- collaboration with researchers and other developers within the project
What we offer:
- a part-time contract (20h/week) for a period of three years with a possibility to extend cooperation and change it to a full-time contract,
- annual salary of 60 000 PLN brutto,
- independence in work organisation,
- interesting and challenging tasks,
- stable and friendly workplace environment,
- flexible working hours and a possibility to work partially from home,
- scientific career development.
Applications should contain:
- cover letter
- scientific CV with a list of publications
- scan of the diploma (and/or other documents, eg. scientific publications confirming compliance with the competition criteria)
- preferably, portfolio or links to examples of VR applications (eg. github repository, published virtual environments, 3D models, etc.)
Recruitment will be settled in two stages. In the first stage, we will preselect candidates based on a preliminary assessment of the submitted documents. Criteria: substantive assessment of the candidate's competences, including technical skills (50%), research experience (25%), additional skills (25%). The second stage: online interview with selected candidates.
The contest will be resolved no later than July 2th, 2020. The IP PAN Director reserves the right not to select any Candidates.
Please attach the following signed clause to your cover letter:
I consent to the processing of my personal data name and surname, telephone number, e-mail address, image and other information contained in the application documents) by the Institute of Psychology of the Polish Academy of Sciences, based in Warsaw, ul. Jaracza 1 for recruitment purposes.
Not expressing consent to the above clause is tantamount to rejecting the application for formal reasons.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Your consent is voluntary. The consent may be withdrawn at any time by sending an email to the following address: email@example.com
The administrator of your personal data is the Institute of Psychology of the Polish Academy of Sciences with headquarters in Warsaw (00-378) at ul. Jaracza 1. In matters related to your data, please contact the Data Protection Officer, e-mail address; firstname.lastname@example.org Personal data is processed for the purpose of implementing this contract, pursuant to art. 6 clause 1 lit. a and b GDPR. The data will be stored for the time necessary to achieve the purpose, maximum for the period required by law. The personal data obtained will be transferred only to public authorities or entities authorized to obtain data on the basis of applicable regulations. The data subject has the right to access their data, rectify, delete, limit processing, object to their processing, the right to transfer data, as well as the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority. Providing data is voluntary, but necessary to achieve the indicated purpose.
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Programming
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELTechnology: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Required professional qualifications:
- Unity 3D and C# proficiency (+3 years of experience)
- basic 3D modelling and animation skills,
- 3D math knowledge,
- good command of English.
Desired, additional qualifications:
- experience in robotics
- experience in the psychophysiological data processing
- experience/interest in psychological research
EURAXESS offer ID: 525890
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.