ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceEngineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/08/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Luxembourg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) invites applications from highly motivated PhD candidates in the general area of software engineering within its SVV research group. SnT carries out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services, often in collaboration with industrial, governmental or international partners. For further information, you may refer to www.securityandtrust.lu
The SVV research group is headed by Prof. Lionel Briand. The team focuses on the development and design of reliable, safe, and secure software systems, carrying out both upstream activities such as requirements quality assurance and architecture analysis, as well as downstream verification & validation activities, primarily software testing and analysis. For further information, you may refer to
Doctoral Candidate (PhD student) in Automated Compliance Checking of Financial Documents
- Ref: RCREQ0004144
- 36 months fixed-term contract with a further possible 1-year extension if required
- On full time basis (40 hrs/week)
- Employee and student status
- Number of positions: 1
This is a fully funded position for 3 years (extendable to an additional 4th year) within an industry-partner project. The candidate will develop techniques and tools to automate the compliance checking of financial documents, relying on machine learning and model-driven engineering technologies.
The position holder will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Carry out research in the predefined areas
- Disseminate results through scientific publications
- Present results in well-known international conferences and workshops
Qualification: The candidate should possess (or be about to obtain) a Master degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Informatics, or Software Engineering.
Experience: The ideal candidate should have some knowledge and experience in a number of the following topics:
- Machine learning
- Natural-language processing
- Model-driven engineering
- Software verification and validation
The candidate must possess strong programming skills.
Language Skills: Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
The University offers a Ph.D. study program with an Initial contract of 36 months, with a further possible 1-year extension if required. The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of a newly created university.
Application should include:
- Full CV, including:
- For each degree received or currently enrolled in, provide the degree, institution name, institution city and country, and date (or expected date) of graduation. Include the title and short summary of your final (Bachelor / Master) Thesis if you did one
- List of publications (if any)
- Name, affiliation and contact details of at least two referees
- Transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken
- Cover letter with motivations and topics of particular interest to the candidate (approx. 1 page)
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: August 31, 2020.
For further information, please contact us at email@example.com
Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
Early submission is encouraged; applications will be processed upon arrival.
EURAXESS offer ID: 525964
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.