ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceEngineering
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/08/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Luxembourg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) invites applications from PhD holders in the general area of software engineering within its SVV research group. SnT carries out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services, often in collaboration with industrial, governmental or international partners. For further information, you may refer to www.securityandtrust.lu
The SVV research group is headed by Prof. Lionel Briand. The team focuses on the development and design of reliable, safe, and secure software systems, carrying out both upstream activities such as requirements quality assurance and architecture analysis, as well as downstream verification & validation activities, primarily software testing and analysis. For further information, you may refer to
Research Associate (Postdoc) in Software Engineering
- Ref: RCREQ0004145, 4146, 4147
- Fixed-term contract 2 years, full-time 40 hrs/week
- Number of positions: 3
The position holder will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Managing and contributing to national and international research projects
- Preparing and reviewing deliverables
- Communicating and coordinating with partners
- Planning and participation in project meetings and dissemination activity
- Preparing and submitting scientific material for peer review and publication independently or in collaboration with other researchers
- Implementing solutions
- Providing guidance to PhD and MSc students
Qualification: The candidate should possess a PhD degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field.
Experience: The ideal candidate should have some knowledge and experience in a number of the following topics:
- Software Testing
- Run-time Verification
- Deep Learning Algorithms and Optimization
- Program Analysis
- Software Security
Experience in the ICT industry or European projects will be considered as an advantage
Language Skills: Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
The University offers a two-year employment contract and may be extended up to five years. The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting international environment and have the opportunity to be part of the establishment of a new, highly visible scientific endeavour in collaboration with industry partners.
Application should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address and work experience, list of publications)
- Cover letter indicating the research area of interest and your motivation
- A research statement
- Contact information for 3 referees
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: August 31, 2020.
Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
Early submission is encouraged; applications will be processed upon arrival.
EURAXESS offer ID: 525968
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.