ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute for Bioengineering of Catalonia
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biological engineeringEconomicsMedical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/06/2020 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › BARCELONA
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2020
IBEC seeks a Head of Tech Transfer and Business Development. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and executing an overall strategy to scout new discoveries and results in the institute, support IBEC’s scientists during technology valorization and intellectual property development, and commercialize those results to ensure beneficial impact on society.
The office will support the IBEC technology and business development capacity and will boost communication between IBEC community and external stakeholders in the innovation arena.
The Head of Tech Transfer and Business Development Office runs a team of 2 people and reports to the Managing Director and is part of the Institute’s senior management team.
Working conditions and entitlements:
- Working conditions:
- Full-time permanent contract. Salary will be commensurate with academic level and experience.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
- Deadline for applications: 30/06/2020
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 1st of September 2020
Principles of the Selection Process:
Our Recruitment and Selection Policy is based on the OTM Strategy (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment) www.ibecbarcelona.eu/jobs/ and accept applications without distinction on any grounds. Candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Our commitment to OTM-R principles can also be found in our Gender and Diversity plan.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC's mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing an annual budget of 12M€ and 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEconomics: Master Degree or equivalentBiological sciences: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentSPANISH: Excellent
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Identification and assessment of technologies with commercial potential as a result of IBEC research.
- Protect and handle IBEC’s IPR portfolio, through a specific and defined strategy, act also as liaison with other institutions involved.
- Knowledge, patents and know-how valorization ensuring the most successful path to the market through valorization grants, licensing agreements with industry and the promotion and creation of spin-off companies.
- Business development: Relationship with industry from beginning to end:
- Identify the needs of the industry and the health sector (market-driven technology transfer focus) and promote that our researchers contribute solutions based on the knowledge generated.
- Management and follow-up of the public-private collaborations established (results, reports) through licensing contracts, research contracts, assessment, or service contracts.
- Manage and negotiate NDA, MTA, CDA.
- Offer IBEC scientists’ business-oriented training and connections with investors and industry experts.
Requirements for candidates:
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- PhD in experimental sciences, engineering, or life sciences.
- Training in business (postgraduate course) relevant to the position.
- Previous experience of minimum 10 years in Tech Transfer management positions in research institutions or R&D units in industries.
- Expertise in the health and business-related sectors.
- Previous experience in a position of leadership or middle-management positions in the areas abovementioned is a plus.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of the RDI public and private programs structures at national, European, and international level.
- Empathic communication, leadership, proactivity, effective negotiation, collaboration, commitment, integrity, people management and result oriented.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of Catalan and Spanish.
EURAXESS offer ID: 525994
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.