RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/06/2020 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20
OFFER STARTING DATE15/06/2020
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for:
ISGlobal is seeking an LAB TECHNICIAN who is interested in taking over and managing activities of the project MISTRAL-H2020. The overall project goal is is to discover and validate novel gut microbiome biomarkers to guide interventions in the management of HIV patients and mitigate, among others, the development of anitmicrobial drug resistances.
Participate in the evaluation of the impact of the antiretroviral treatment in the gut bacterial resistome of HIV-infected patients through different methodologies:
- Perform the techniques for the evaluation of the in vitro activity of antiretroviral agents.
- Prepare the appropriate solutions and materials and participate in the evaluation of different antiretroviral therapies to select for resistant mutants in a collection of bacterial pathogens against different antiretroviral agents.
- Ensure that the stocks of consumables needed for the execution of the activities are correct.
- Purchase the appropriate materials when required according to the needs of the project.
- Provide the information needed for the elaboration of reports according to the outputs, deliverables and milestones defined in the project.
- Duration: 4 months (substitution Maternity leave)
- Expected Starting date: June, 15th.
- Contract: (part or full time): Part time.
- Gross Annual Salary proportional to full time position: 26.706,42€
During the crisis caused by COVID19, standard working conditions will be adapted to sanitary requirements.
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: LabTechnician_ H2020-MISTRAL_June 20, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until June, 9th 2020.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings, religion or sexual orientation.
- Teamwork skills.
- Knowledge in Microbiological techniques,
- Scientific background and experience in microbiology and antibiotic resistance field.
- Laguage: English, Spanish and Catalan.
EURAXESS offer ID: 526028
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.