ORGANISATION/COMPANYHelmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/11/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Berlin
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
Electrochemical Conversion of CO2
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
Reference No. EE 2020/42
The Young Investigator Group Electrochemical Conversion of CO2 is looking for
Postdoctoral scientist (f/m/d) in photoelectrochemical CO2 conversion
The project aims to uncover a deep understanding of how photoelectrode morphology and semiconductor electronic structure jointly influence selectivity in photoelectrochemical (PEC) CO2 conversion. Semiconductor nanowire arrays (III-V compounds) with tuned composition and morphology will be prepared by our project collaborators for use as photoabsorbers. Tasks of this position include:
- Develop suitable deposition methods for functionalizing semiconductor nanowire arrays with CO2 reduction electrocatalysts.
- Investigate PEC behaviors in combination with quantification of chemical products using analytical techniques (GC, HPLC, DEMS etc.).
- Perform advanced characterization to develop mechanistic understanding (e.g. IMPS/IMVS, in situ spectroscopies incl. Raman, X-ray).
- Design and develop electrochemical cells for use in catalyst deposition, PEC testing, and in situ study.
- Cooperate with external project partners, prepare project reports, and write scientific manuscripts.
- Doctoral degree in chemistry, materials science, or a field closely related to the research topic (degree completion before January 2021)
- Research experience in several of the following areas: photoelectrochemistry, semiconductors, electrocatalysis, and analytical chemistry
- Excellent English speaking, listening, and writing abilities
- A proven track record of publications in the (photo)electrochemistry field
- Ability to work in a team as well as to independently lead a research project
Please upload the following documents with your application:
Additionally, please answer the questions in the submission system. Target start date 1 February 2021.
Dr. Matthew Mayer
+49 30 8062 43230
Closing Date: 20.11.2020
This research center is part of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. With more than 42,000 employees and an annual budget of over € 5 billion, the Helmholtz Association is Germany's largest scientific organisation.
EURAXESS offer ID: 570857
Posting organisation offer ID: hzb_stellenangebot:1335E
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.