ORGANISATION/COMPANYMasaryk University - Faculty of Economics and Administration (HR)
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/02/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCzech Republic › Brno
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK10
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2019
INVITATION FOR APPLICATIONS
In accordance with Act No. 111/1998 Coll., Section 77, the Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, invites applications for the following position:
Department of Regional Economics and Administration:
two part-time (10 hours a week) Associate Professors to teach key courses ensured by the Department of Regional Economics and Administration.
What does the position entail?
- teaching key courses ensured by the Department of Regional Economics and Administration;
- supervising doctoral students;
- research activity, initiating and running research projects and grants;
- publishing activity;
- assessing PhD or habilitation theses;
- guaranteeing study courses.
What do we require?
- academic title of associate professor in the area of Regional Economics, Public Economics or in a related economic area, in accordance with Czech legislation, or its recognition based on bilateral agreements;
- teaching experience;
- publishing results in Regional Economics and related areas (mainly publications in journals with high impact factors and journals included in Scopus);
- the ability to lecture and publish in Czech and in English;
- experience in heading research projects;
- a research agenda relevant internationally, e.g.:
- active participation in international scientific conferences, presentation of research results at such conferences and other professional encounters abroad,
- heading expert sections at international research conferences, or their (co-) organisation;
- experience in participating in international research projects;
- reviews for journals, conferences and grant agencies in a foreign language;
- active membership in international research (professional) organizations.
What do we offer?
- interesting, autonomous, and responsible work in the environment of a prestigious university;
- a professional team and agreeable working environment;
- employment benefits (e.g., meal voucher contributions, 8 weeks of holiday, supplementary pension insurance contributions, vaccination contributions, free access to Masaryk University library services);
- opportunities for education and professional development;
- a 3-year employment contract.
What to include in applications?
- a complete professional Curriculum Vitae;
- an overview of publishing activities over the past 10 years in the following structure: monographs (B), articles listed in the Web of Science and Scopus (Jimp|Jsc), chapters (C) – applicants will highlight those publications that are relevant to the position;
- a list of research projects the candidate has led or participated in over the past 10 years;
- a list of citations to the applicant’s publications in the following structure: Web of Science, Scopus (not in WOS), other (not in WOS or Scopus);
- an overview of teaching experience;
- proof of an internationally relevant research agenda;
- a cover letter including a vision for the candidate’s engagement at the Department of Regional Economics and Administration (approximately 1 A4 page);
- a copy of a diploma or other relevant qualification.
Expected commencement of employment: March 1, 2019 or by agreement.
Should you find the position interesting, send your applications including the documents required for the selection procedure by 12. 2. 2019 via e-application https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/43829 on Masaryk University website.
For more detailed information, contact JUDr. Pavla Zapletalová, phone number +420549497358, at the Human Resources department of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, MU.
EURAXESS offer ID: 369694
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.