When moving to another country for research, EURAXESS Service centres can help you with relocating.
The first step is searching the EURAXESS Jobs & Funding database by country and/or research field.
After finding your next research position, use EURAXESS national portals to look up relevant and up-to-date information about your host country, get practical advice on moving, and find help with everyday matters and legal issues. Before departure, make sure you have all the necessary information on:
- Visas, Residence and Work permits;
- Employment of researchers;
- The possibility to find a job for your spouse;
- Taxation and Social security issues (Pensions, Health care systems, Insurance);
- Recognition of the Diploma and Qualification (Academic and Professional);
- Intellectual Property Rights issues;
- Health Care (also for family members);
- The possibility to attend Language Courses;
- Day Care and Schooling for your children;
- Other Daily life Issues (driver license, pets, etc.).
If you go to another European Union country for a short period and remain within the Health Care system of Latvia, we recommend you to utilize The European Health Insurance Card – EHIC, which operates in the state compulsory health insurance system in the EU/EEA. Before utilizing medical assistance guaranteed by the state, you must be confident that the service provider has a contract with the agency.
EURAXESS Latvia recommends using Europass, which is designed to encourage mobility and lifelong learning in Europe. It aims to help three million citizens make their qualifications and skills easily understood throughout Europe (EU Member States, EFTA/EEA countries and candidate countries).
Europass consists of five documents, available in all official EU languages:
- Europass CV;
- Europass Language Passport;
- Europass Mobility;
- Europass Diploma Supplement;
- Europass Certificate Supplement.