ORGANISATION/COMPANYEindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/08/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Eindhoven
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38.0
This research program is aimed at developing modern machine learning methods that lead to improved performance of audio processing algorithms (e.g., for hearing aids). In particular, our approach is to study computational models of learning and adaptation in brains and apply these ideas to the design of personalization of audio processing applications. Key areas of interest include Bayesian machine learning, probabilistic graphical models (factor graphs), computational neurosciences and signal processing. We develop our own toolbox (see http://forneylab.org) for Bayesian inference and learning, so you should have a strong interest and background in professional code development.
Please browse our web page http://biaslab.org for more information on our research goals.
- A challenging job for 4 years in a dynamic and ambitious university and a stimulating research environment;
- Support with your professional and personal development;
- A gross salary per month of € 2325,- (first year) as a PhD up to € 2972,- (final year) in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities
- Plus 8% holiday allowance + 8.3% end of the year allowance.
- An extensive package of fringe benefits, e.g., support in moving expenses, excellent technical infrastructure, on-campus child care, and excellent sports facilities.
For more information about the advertised position, please contact prof.dr.ir. Bert de Vries, bert.de.vries[at]tue.nl , team web http://biaslab.org .
More information on employment conditions can be found here: http://www.tue.nl/en/university/working-at-tue/working-conditions/ .
If interested, please use 'apply now'-button at the top of this page. You should upload the following:
- a cover letter explaining your motivation and suitability for the position;
- a detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- a written scientific report in English (MSc thesis, traineeship report or scientific paper)
- copies of diplomas with course grades (transcripts).
Please keep in mind; you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each!
Web site for additional job details
- You should have a Master's degree in electrical engineering, physics, computer science, or similar with excellent grades.
- A record that shows specific interest in any or more of the following fields: signal processing, machine learning, computational neurosciences;
- You will develop open source code for simulating machine learning experiments, so we put a high value on candidates with a strong professional record and interest in developing code. Please supply some evidence for your programming record, e.g., a link to your github page.
- In order to complete a PhD, it will be essential to have a good written and spoken command of English. If you have written a MSc thesis (or published a scientific paper) in English, please send it along with your application.
- Finally, we appreciate a team player attitude, willingness to work hard and know how to have fun at it.
EURAXESS offer ID: 408133
Posting organisation offer ID: 54827
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.