ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Limerick
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE22/11/2019 12:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONIreland › Limerick
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic Post Doctoral Researcher with excellent methodological, organisational, communication and interpersonal skills to promote and facilitate the conduct of different components of a research project at University of Limerick. This post doctoral position is funded through the Health Research Board Definitive Intervention Feasibility Award (DIFA) grant 2018.
This Post Doctoral Researcher will be expected to have knowledge of using behaviour change science to inform intervention design for clinical populations, through the use of qualitative research methods. The post-holder will use this expertise to contribute to the behavioural components of intervention design for this experimental trial among people with stroke.
The overall project focuses on using a novel, flexible experimental trial design to develop, deliver and evaluate a stakeholder-informed mobile health intervention to improve PA in people after stroke.
The post holder will have responsibility for ensuring research objectives are met through the appropriate implementation of research protocols, working alongside the Principal Investigator and research team.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELMedical sciences: PhD or equivalent
- Experience in collaborative project management.
- Experience in stroke-related healthcare or health services.
- An ability to win the confidence of stakeholders, researchers and research partner representatives.
- An ability to foster and sustain academic relationships internally and externally.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in work practices and an ability to work to deadlines.
- A capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently.
- Doctoral degree (level 10 NFQ) in health related discipline, (completed or near completion, please give date of Viva).
- Demonstrable experience of qualitative research methods.
- Excellent publication record in health-related research, evidence of at least one top quartile journal publications.
- Experience of using behaviour change science to inform intervention design for clinical populations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
EURAXESS offer ID: 461421
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.