ORGANISATION/COMPANYIMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca
RESEARCH FIELDPsychological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE13/04/2020 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Lucca
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
Profile: The IMT School for Advanced Studies in Lucca invites applications for a Research Collaborator with a background in neuroimaging applied to social and affective cognition, behavioral psychology, social psychology, and cognitive neuroscience. The ideal candidate should have significant research experience with the administration of behavioral testing and psychometric questionnaires, preferentially applied to the fields of sleep research and/or to the study of the behavioral and neural outcomes of meditation practices. The candidate should also have good experience with the collection and analysis of data collected through high-density electroencephalography (hd-EEG; 64-256 electrodes) and functional/structural magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Keywords: Cognitive Fatigue, Sleep, Electroencephalography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPsychological sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
- Masters degree in Psychology or related fields, preferably acquired within the last 6 years;
- At least 3 years of research activity with experience on the analysis of electroencephalographic data and magnetic resonance imaging data;
- Excellent knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- A good track record of research experience and outcomes related to the field of this position;
- Experience in administering neuropsychological and personological questionnaires and tests for assessing cognitive abilities and psychological traits in healthy individuals and clinical populations;
- Experience with the recording and analysis of standard and high-density (64-256 electrodes) electroencephalographic data. In particular, the ideal candidate should have experience with the analysis of continuous data, collected during wakefulness and/or sleep, as well as with the analysis of event-related potentials (ERP). Experience with EGI-Philips hd-EEG systems is preferred;
- Experience with the preprocessing and analysis of functional magnetic resonance imaging data. Experience with AFNI is preferred;
- Experience with the analysis of cortical and subcortical morphology using Freesurfer and related tools;
- Basic MATLAB programming skills;
- Ability to work in a team.
EURAXESS offer ID: 508737
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.