ORGANISATION/COMPANYDelft University of Technology (TU Delft)
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/04/2020 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Delft
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK38.0
The objective of the research in data-driven modeling and control is to extract crucial information from signals and other data collected about systems in order to understand and to diagnose systems, to identify and to model their dynamics, and to interact with them in order to reach a specific goal or to improve their performance. In particular, the complexity of human engineered systems is reaching levels challenging the understanding of their own designers. This position aims to tackle the challenge of learning to control such complex systems. Scientific goals include determining how data-driven control can be used to understand, monitor and control such complex systems. This control framework makes it possible to develop control systems for demanding industrial application fields such as large-scale mechatronic systems. This position is located in the Data-Driven Control section within DCSC. The position should expand and/or strengthen DDC’s current activities in the area of sensor fusion, system identification, and control on one side and application areas including automotive, wind energy, indoor localization, energy systems on the other side. We seek to appoint a full professor, but candidates for tenure track at assistant or associate level, depending on the candidates' stature are also supported to apply.
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners and a relocation compensation. TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. TU Delft offers training to improve English competency.
Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. If you have less than five years of experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate, we allow you up to three years to obtain this. Delft University of Technology creates equal opportunities and encourages women to apply. It advocates diversity and inclusion. Considering the current composition of department, female candidates are particularly invited to apply to this vacancy. If you start as with the tenure-track you will be appointed as Assistant Professor for the duration of six years. Section leader, department leaders and you will agree upon expected performance and (soft) skills. You will receive formal feedback on performance and skills during annual assessment meetings and the mid-term evaluation. If the performance and skills are evaluated positively at the end of the tenure track, you will be appointed in a permanent Assistant Professor position.
Salary (ranges from 3.637 to 5.656 for Assistant Professor, from 5.039 to 6.738 for Associate Professor, and from 5.582 to 9.812 for Full Professor gross a month (full time based)) and the benefits of 8% holiday allowance, 8.3% end-of-year bonus on top of nominal salary and a minimum of 30 holidays per year, are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
TU Delft creates equal opportunities and encourages women to apply.
For more information about this position, please contact prof. dr.ir. J.W. van Wingerden, email@example.com. For information about the selection procedure, please contact Irina Bruckner, HR-advisor, email: application-3mE@tudelft.nl.
To apply, please submit the following:
• a detailed curriculum vitae that explicitly states your educational record, recent major achievements, list of publications,
• a separate motivation letter stating why the proposed research topic interests you,
• a vision on research and education, and
• the names of three persons who could be contacted for a reference. and other information that might be relevant to your application.
Please e-mail your application by 15 April 2020 to Irina Bruckner, application-3mE@tudelft.nl, referring to vacancy number 3mE20-12a.
Web site for additional job details
Applicants should possess the following qualification and attributes:
• A Ph.D. degree in Systems and Control, or another relevant engineering discipline, with an outstanding scholar record and a strong commitment to excellence in research and teaching.
• Fundamental knowledge of control systems engineering and/or system identification and/or signal processing.
• The capacity to communicate effectively with peers, students and stakeholders in the application field.
• An excellent track record in scientific publications, acquisition and management of externally funded research projects, and a clear view on required future developments, aiming at a high degree of sustainability in the application field, and have experience as a post-doctoral researcher.
• An open personality and good communication skills in written and spoken English.
EURAXESS offer ID: 508872
Posting organisation offer ID: 290924
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.