ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Antwerp
RESEARCH FIELDEconomics › Environmental economicsEconomics › Health economicsMedical sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/04/2020 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Antwerpen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38
As part of its dynamic research policy and supported by the possibilities offered by the Flemish Government through the resources of the Special Research Fund (BOF), the Faculty of Medicine and Health Science is seeking to fill a full-time vacancy in the domain “Public Health and Primary Care” for a
Tenure track research professor (TTZAPBOF) in the area of health economics and economic evaluation of health care programs and organization
The faculty frontline research domain Public Health and Primary Care together with the Centre for Health Economics Research & Modelling Infectious Diseases (CHERMID) wish to strengthen their research activities in the field of health economics, with a focus on the efficiency and organisation of health care systems and care institutions, and the valuation of health outcomes.
The faculty frontline research domain Public Health and Primary Care is a collaboration between different research groups Primary and Interdisciplinary Care (ELIZA), Global Health Institute (GHI), Centre of Research and innovation in Care (CRIC), Social Epidemiology & Health Policy (SEHPO) and other faculty researchers in this domain. Their national and international research projects focus on the organisation and quality of integrated health care, as well as on challenges and possibilities of health care systems.
CHERMID is an internationally renowned centre for health economics and modelling, which offers a multidisciplinary research context.
The further development of the above specific area in health economics will be of great value for our current health services research lines and will add a translational character to our existing basic research.
- You develop research at an internationally competitive level.
- You consolidate and expand your expertise in health care system organisation and efficiency, health outcome valuation and economic evaluation of health care programs by developing and applying innovative methods.
- Starting from the existing constellations and partnerships within the "public health and primary care" domain of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences , you will seek and initiate new collaborations at the University of Antwerp, as well as nationally and internationally.
- Your research will pay specific attention to the (future) challenges and opportunities for health care systems.
- You acquire and manage resources to realize projects, recruit PhD students and guide them in their research.
- In addition to this scientific task package, the assignment will also consist of a limited participation in the educational programs and teaching services of the faculty for a period of five years.
Profile and requirements
- You obtained a Master’s degree in (applied) economics (or a relevant subfield like health economics or environmental economics) or management engineering.
- You hold a PhD degree in economics, (bio-)medical sciences or social sciences.
- You have a minimum of 2 years postdoc experience at the closing date of the vacancy.
- You have an international academic CV and perform qualitatively outstanding academic research in the broader field of the involved domain.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- You have leadership skills (or the potential to develop them).
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You have active oral and written knowledge of English and Dutch (or you will be able to acquire them in short term).
- Extension to recommendation:
- Demonstrable expertise in the field of health economics, particularly regarding the organisation and efficiency of health care systems, health outcome valuation and economic evaluation of health care programs;
- Experience in leading research and/or supervising PhD students, with demonstrable (co-) promotorship of current or completed PhD theses;
- Experience with the writing and acquisition of (funded) subsidy applications; including PhD and postdoc fellowships;
- International visibility, for e.g. by oral presentations at international congresses;
- International mobility, through demonstrable research stays in research institutes external to the institution with the highest academic degree;
- Involvement in scientific services within and/or outside the academic institute of appointment.
- a full-time position as a lecturer in a temporary appointment in the tenure track for a term of five years. This position will lead to an immediate permanent appointment as a senior lecturer if the performance is assessed favourably on the basis of previously fixed and publicly announced evaluation criteria;
- in case of equal qualifications, priority will be given to candidates of the underrepresented gender within the domain of science. This priority is not automatically and unconditionally; as the evaluation will always take into account the personal situation of every candidate;
- the date of appointment will be at the earliest the 1st of October 2020;
- a full time gross monthly salary ranging from € 4.255,06 - € 6.272,13;
- an attractive starter package consisting of a four-year doctoral scholarship and € 50,000 consumables;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date April 5th, 2020.
- The application form must be completed, including a detailed research proposal (mandatory) for the next five years (approx. 5 000 words; including a concise description (1 page) of the intended PhD research (see starter package)) and a report of your previous scientific research activities (max. 5 000 words). In addition, you add two abstracts of the scientific content of the research plan – a scientific abstract and an abstract in layman's terms –maximum 500 words (or max. 4000 characters). All documents must be submitted in English.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Dr. Paul Van Royen (email@example.com; Tel. +32(0)3.265.25.27) or Prof.dr. Philippe Beutels (firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel. +32(0)3.265.26.58).
- Further information regarding the special research status can be obtained from Dr. Tim Engels, Head of the Department of Research Affairs & Innovation (Tel. +32 (0)3 265 30 12).
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
EURAXESS offer ID: 508954
Posting organisation offer ID: 142674
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.