ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Genetics and Animal Breeding PAS
RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciences › ZootechnicsBiological sciences › Laboratory animal scienceBiological sciences › ZoologyMedical sciences › Veterinary medicine
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE29/06/2020 15:33 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Jastrzebiec
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE30/06/2020
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
Director of the Institute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences (formerly Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding) in Jastrzębiec opens competition for the positions of Associate Professor/ Full Professor in the following areas: Animal Welfare and Behaviour
based on the (Legal basis: Section 91(5) of the Act on the Polish Academy of Sciences of 30 April 2010 (Dz.U. (Journal of Laws) No.96, item 619) and Act on the Law on Higher Education and Science of 20 July 2018 (Dz.U. (Journal of Laws), item 1668, the Statute of the IGiHZ PAN, and the Regulations of Competition Procedure in Employment for Scientific Position in the Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding of the Polish Academy of Sciences of 2 March 2020.
The Institute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences (IGAB PAS) in Jastrzębiec n/Warsaw is seeking for scientists with expertise and hands-on experience in Animal welfare and Behaviour.
The Institute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences has the HR Excellence in Research logo awarded by the European Commission to institutions which implement rules of the "European Charter for Researchers" and the "Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers".
We can offer:
- Full-time employment.
- Competitive salary.
- Bonuses for publishing in reputable high IF magazines.
- Possibility to form a research team.
- Base for animal experiments.
- Modern laboratory infrastructure.
- Large institutional support in the preparation of grant applications.
The scientific biography should have the following information:
- listed summary of scientific achievements, the number of researcher career-long citations record and the Hirsch index
- list of published, original scientific papers (for the period before and after obtaining the academic degree of habilitated doctor or before and after initiating the procedure of applying for the title of professor),
- a list of research projects financed by external funding in which the candidate performed or acts as project manager or contractor,
- scientific profile, listing the main scientific interests,
- information on the number of reviews of scientific papers completed,
- a statement on completing a foreign scientific internship,
- information on research stays abroad, participation in conferences (country, institution, purpose of stay, duration),
- information on scientific cooperation with foreign countries (foreign scientific unit, form of cooperation, scope, achievements),
- information on prizes and awards of national and international importance (rank, year of receipt)
- information on didactic and organizational achievements,
- list (title, authors and full bibliographic data) of the 5 most important papers.
The whole documentation should be submitted to the secretariat of the Institute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Jastrzębiec n/Warsaw, Postępu 36A Street, 05-552 Magdalenka; during working hours between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., by post or please send scans of all the documents by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication date: Apr. 30th, 2020
Deadline for application: May 30th, 2020
Interview on-line - candidates will be notified of the date of the interview individually.
The Institute reserves the right to contact only candidates who meet the requirements described in the competition announcement and who submit a set of documents listed in the Annex to the Rules of the Procedure for Competitions when hiring for scientific positions.
The final decision shall be made by Jun. 30th, 2020
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Candidates applying for the position should meet the following criteria:
1. Degree of habilitated doctor in agricultural, biological, medical, veterinary or related sciences, and for candidates for full professors, the title of professor is required (with the exception indicated in Chapter 8, Art. 89. 1. Acts on the Polish Academy of Sciences of 30 April 2010 (Journal of Laws No. 96 item 619) );
2. Have specific research interests supported by:
• scientific achievements including original creative works, in particular publications in journals awarded by Journal Citation Reports;
• high values of scientific indicators: Hirsch index and the number of citations;
3. Have documented experience in the above scope of research;
4. Be familiar with adequate laboratory techniques;
5. Direct or participate (in the past or currently) in a research project financed from external sources obtained through a competitive procedure;
6. To complete a scientific internship abroad;
7. Have experience and the ability to lead / be a research team leader;
8. Identify yourself with organizational (organization of scientific conferences) and didactic achievements (e.g. to be a doctoral supervisor or to supervise doctoral students)
9. Actively participate in the scientific and organizational life of the scientific community.
Link to the rules of procedure for competitions for research positions at the Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding, Polish Academy of Sciences: https://tinyurl.com/ighz-rules-of-procedure1-eng
1. Outstanding organizational skills;
2. Reliability and timeliness;
3. Very good teamwork abilities;
Candidates entering the competition are asked to submit the following documents:
EURAXESS offer ID: 519327
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.