ORGANISATION/COMPANYSilicon Austria Labs-Doctoral College
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/06/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONAustria › Graz, Linz, Villach/Klagenfurt
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2020
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
THE IDEA OF SAL-DC
The Silicon Austria Labs – Doctoral College (SAL-DC) is a novel doctoral training programm for researchers focusing on the field of EBS. SAL is based on Austria and cooperates with industry, academic and scientific partners on a regional, national and international level with the aim to build an excellent research network and ecosystem for EBS. Fellows benefit from the training in a highly international, interdisciplinary and intersectoral setting offered by SAL-DC to become future research leaders.
Within this call, the Silicon Austria Labs – Doctoral College (SAL-DC) aims at recruiting researchers as PhD candidates, eager to pursue scientifically excellent research in the field of Electronic Based Systems (EBS) within an international and interdisciplinary research environment.
Pursue cutting-edge research on the following topics:
• ML Approaches for Wireless Communications Engineering
• AI for Industrial SoC Design
• High-Performance Building Blocks for mm-Wave Transceivers in Communications and Radar
• Next Generation mm-Wave Sensing
• Automata Learning and Automated Testing
• Embedded Variational Networks
• Full-Duplex High-Speed Serial Links
• Industrial Wireless Sensor Networks
• Wireless Communication for Critical Control in the Factory of the Future
The selected candidates will be offered a PhD position. Depending on the chosen research topic, the host organization and thus the physical location of the main work space will be either on one of the SAL sites in Linz, Graz and Villach or at the partner universities in Linz, Graz and Klagenfurt, respectively.
- The SAL-DC is laid out for a duration of 4 years, with the expectation of gaining a PhD at the end of this period
- Employment contract to pursue PhD related research work
- Start of employment: September 2020 onwards
- Gross annual salary of € 40,978
The selection process is organized in three subsequent stages. After each stage, the applicants are informed regarding their current status in due time.
See for more details at SAL-DC/ Recruitment
Submission procedure for application:
The application has to be submitted electronically via the recruitment portal before the application call deadline: 03.06.2020 23:59 CET. Please note that a submission via any other channel like e.g., via e-mail cannot be accepted.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
In order to apply for the proposed positions, potential candidates require to
- Fulfill the eligibility criterion for a PhD study (hold a Master's degree or an equivalent degree on the relevant fields),
- Provide a complete set of the required application documents, and
- Follow the submission procedure for the application
EURAXESS offer ID: 521421
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.