ORGANISATION/COMPANYMedical University of Innsbruck
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesMedical sciences › MedicinePsychological sciences › Cognitive science
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/06/2020 00:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONAustria › Innsbruck
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Medical University of Innsbruck, located in the heart of the Austrian Alps, is the largest and most important medical research and education facility in the West of Austria. We currently teach and train over 3,000 students in 6 Bachelor, Master and Doctoral Programs, most of them in Medicine. A dedicated staff of more than 2,100 employees covers all relevant fields from basic research to the clinical sciences.
We offer qualified candidates a competitive package according to the Austrian University Law (UG) § 99 (5) and agreements based on rules laid down in a general contract for employees of Austrian Universities (`Universitätskollektivvertrag´) as announced in: Mitteilungsblatt der Medizinischen Universität Innsbruck vom 12.06.2019, Studienjahr 2018/2019, 45. Stk., Nr. 177. More details in English are available upon request.
The Medical University of Innsbruck seeks excellent candidates to start a new research group for Molecular Mycology. The position is open at the Biocenter which offers excellent opportunities for the development of clinical and translational research interests within a highly collaborative and multidisciplinary program.
The current position (full-time employment) commences with a 6-year contract based on a mutually accorded qualification agreement. If the qualification goals are met following a positive evaluation, the contract can be extended indefinitely with the job title of `associate professor´.
- competitive start-up package and salary including a guaranteed annual base funding
- A varied and largely independent Job,
- in a highly attractive work and social environment,
- in a most livable city.
- a dynamic research environment
- numerous options for continuous education and career development
- excellent support through our service oriented administration including but not limited to child care support and an inhouse pension fund
- support for acquiring third-party funds
- dual career consultations
Assistant professors hold independent group leader positions with an initial contract of six years, at the end of which they are reviewed by international peers. If the evaluation is positive, an assistant professor is promoted to a tenured professor.
Interested candidates are invited to send their complete application in German or English (pdf documents) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any applications received by June 30, 2020 will be considered.
Non-EU citizens have to fulfill the relevant Austrian legal requirements regarding residence and work Permits.
Applicants are not entitled to compensation for travel expenses with reference to this tender.
The Medical University of Innsbruck is an equal opportunity employer. We seek candidates who embrace and reflect diversity and encourage minorities/women/individuals with disabilities to apply.
For detailed information and all documents in support of an application please see:
In case of inconsistencies between the German and the English versions of this tender, the legally binding version is the German one.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESGERMAN: Good
- PhD or MD
- excellent publication record
- potential to head an independent research group
- educational skills – ideally in all curricular levels – including the supervision and support of junior colleagues
- commitment for interdisciplinary, translational research
- experiences in acquiring and managing extramural funding
- experiences in molecular biology and genetics of fungi as well as the corresponding analytical procedures
- innovative development of the research areas of molecular analysis of specific modes of antimycotic substances and molecular mechanisms of fungal resistance development
- leading a research group in Molecular Mycology
- academic teaching, as well as the commitment to actively participate in the improvement of medical curricula
EURAXESS offer ID: 524836
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.