ORGANISATION/COMPANYRiga Technical University
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE04/08/2020 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONLatvia › Riga
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Open competition for recruitment foreign academic staff within the European Social Fund project “„Development of the Academic Personnel of Riga Technical University" No. 184.108.40.206/18/A/017
Promoting the Employment of Foreign Academic Staff at Riga Technical University
1 position of professor at the Faculty of Transport, machinery and aeronautics study field “Mechanics and Metalworking, Heat, Heat and Machinery in the field of science of Physics and Astronomy, and Engineering and Technology: respectively in the Medical Physics and Medical Engineering sub-sectors.
Wage range from 980 up to 3223 Euro/month
When applying for the ESF funding, the following documents are required:
- An application addressed to the Rector,
- CV (in the form of a Europass containing the most important publications),
- Document confirming employment in an accredited foreign higher education institution's academic position, as well as an attestation of the accreditation of that institution,
- The assessment of pedagogical skills requires an open lecture that can be organized both in person and in video format,
- Student feedback.
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: August 4, 2020.
Employment duration – 6 months.
When applying for a competition, the candidate agrees to the processing of his personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95 / 46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation) and for storage at the Riga Technical University Personnel Department. Without the consent of the candidate, personal data will not be transferred to third parties, except in the cases specified in the laws and regulations in force in the Republic of Latvia.
Requirements and selection criteria for the beneficiaries:
- persons who have been employed in the academic position of any accredited foreign higher education institution during the previous five years;
- persons who have PhD in any of the above or adequate subcectors, medical and biosciences are eligible, too
- persons who can lead lectures in the study course “Radiation safety for medicine” or “Radiation therapy technologies”
- persons who have the appropriate level of English language skills and knowledge in an international environment (have experience in participating in mobility activities).
- Development of the PowerPoint presentations for the selected lectures for the courses “Radiation safety for medicine” and/or “Radiation therapy technologies” (7-10 lectures).
- Approbation of the above developed lectures at RTU (remotely and in person). Editing of the lectures after approbation.
- Delivering of consultations to the RTU students aimed to the BSc and MSc thesis exploiting the knowledge about radiation technologies for medicine (around 15 students).
- Developing of recommendations to improve medical physics education at RTU.
EURAXESS offer ID: 540205
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.