ORGANISATION NAMEUniversité Catholique de Louvain (UCL)
FUNDING TYPEFundingMobility Incoming
RESEARCH FIELDFormal sciencesHumanitiesNatural sciencesProfessions and applied sciencesSocial sciences
CAREER STAGERecognised Researcher (R2) (PhD holders or equivalent who are not yet fully independent)
I am pleased to inform you of the launch of the «FSR Post-doc 2021» call for incoming post-doctoral researchers in international mobility conditions within your research entities.
The 2021 call is funded by FSR funds, with a budget of 1.000.000€. This will allow to award 10 post-doctoral fellowships of 2 years.
Applications (maximum 1 proposal per supervisor) must be submitted electronically to the UCLouvain Research Administration (email@example.com) by Thursday 1 October 2020 at 14:00 at the latest.
I draw your attention on the fact that:
1) The closing date of the call has been advanced to allow post-doc FSR laureates to start their term earlier if they wish;
2) The articulation with the F.R.S.-FNRS is maintained :
Candidates must apply in parallel to the F.R.S.-FNRS ‘Chargé de Recherches’ 2021 call (deadline of the call at the end of January 2021);
The recipients of the FSR call will thus be guaranteed financing even if they are not selected by the F.R.S.-FNRS;
If the F.R.S.-FNRS ‘Chargé de Recherche’ is awarded, the recipients of the FSR call will be able to anticipate their stay in UCLouvain thanks to FSR funding.
3) As already done last year, the international mobility rule differs from what is applied for the actions H2020-Marie Sklodowska-Curie: the researcher cannot have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Belgium for more than 24 months in the three years immediately before the first grant period;
4) The selection process remains the same:
- Preselection by the Research Council;
- Proposals classified A (at least three times the number of available grants) are evaluated by international peer reviewers;
- Interviews of all candidates classified A.
All information on this call and the application form are available in attachments and on the following web page: https://uclouvain.be/en/research/news/fsr-incoming-postdoctoral-fellowships.html
I also draw your attention on the fact that other incoming mobility calls offer funding opportunities for post-doctoral researchers. Feel free to contact the ADRE (Researcher Mobility ADRE firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on the conditions related to these calls.
UCLouvain Research Administration
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.