ORGANISATION/COMPANYEindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE16/09/2020 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Eindhoven
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38.0
The Automotive sector is rapidly changing into a high-tech sector with huge challenges in terms of multidisciplinary product and process engineering. The trend toward smart components and systems, boosts the Dutch automotive sector, and requires new generations of engineers being able to cope with this. Eindhoven University of Technology* (TU/e) in the Netherlands plays an important role within the automotive high-tech industry in the Netherlands and in Europe. For its competitive post-master's program the TU/e is looking for ambitious Master's graduates for trainee positions in the following Graduate School program:
2-year post-master PDEng program ASD
Track: Automotive Systems Design
The next round of this 2-year program, accredited by the Dutch Ministry of Education, starts on October 26, 2020. This program focuses on systems design and architecture in an automotive context and is related to the effective and efficient design and development of technologies and applications for modern high-tech Automotive Systems in the context of smart mobility societal challenges. It trains graduates from Automotive related disciplines to become the professional system designers and architects that the industry needs to conceive its new, innovative products and who can participate in and/or lead the multidisciplinary teams that realize these.
The program is devoted to deepening, broadening and reinforcing Automotive related technological knowledge and competencies, as well as personal and professional skills. This program with a unique structure consists of 4 educational blocks followed by a 1-year individual design project in industry. In the first 4 blocks about half the time is spent on lectures, workshops and training, and the other half on projects, solving a real-life problem from one of the industrial partners. The lecturers, who mostly have an extensive experience in industry and who cover the theory on topics such as systems architecture, design, and problem solving, return as coach during the projects to help translate the theory to practical solutions. Projects are selected from different domains and address various technological areas to both provide multidisciplinary exposure and enhance cross-domain thinking. The lectures are in part general, in part tailored to the problem domain coming up. In this set-up the trainee gets the opportunity to experience the different roles that make a good team.
TU/e offers program participants a full-time temporary appointment for the period of 2 years. Program participants will receive a monthly salary by Eindhoven University of Technology (gross monthly pay of € 1913 during two years). TU/e also offers a broad package of fringe benefits, including an 8% holiday allowance, an 8.3% end-of-year allowance, and excellent sports facilities. The formal employment position at the Technical University of Eindhoven is according to the Collective Employment Agreement of the Dutch academic universities (VSNU). Trainees do not have to pay tuition fees. The program is financed by the Dutch Government and the industrial partners.
All candidates that are interested in the Automotive Systems Design post-master program and fulfill the requirements must demonstrate their knowledge and capabilities in a personal interview with the selection committee. In order to be admitted into the selection procedure, you need to apply via the APPLY NOW button. Please submit the following documents:
- A detailed motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of relevant B.Sc. diplomas and Grade transcripts
- Copies of relevant M.Sc. diplomas and Grade transcripts
- A copy (of a recent draft version) of your M.Sc. thesis or an abstract of your thesis
- Copies of scores of English proficiency tests (IELTS or TOEFL IBT, or Cambridge CAE/CPE). For IELTS the minimum score is 6.5 (CEFR level C1), with no individual scores below 6.0 and scores for speaking/writing of at least 6.5. For TOEFL IBT the minimum is 90 (CEFR level C1), with no individual scores below 21 and scores for speaking/writing of at least 23. Only applicants from the Netherlands, US, UK, Ireland, Australia and New-Zealand are exempted.
- The names and contact addresses (preferably e-mail) of (at least) two people whom we can contact for more information about you and your (thesis) work. Please note that we usually prefer to contact people that have been involved with your (M.Sc.) thesis project.
Please note that you can upload a maximum of 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If you need to send more documents, please email these to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: 'additional documents application ASD 2020'.
To guarantee the quality of the program, the selection committee applies strict selection criteria. Candidates must be among the top of their discipline. Next to excellent grades, their motivation and personal skills will be extremely important. For more information and complete details about the application procedures, please visit our website http://www.tue.nl/asd or send an email to email@example.com.
Deadline for application.
Due to immigration procedures the application procedure will be closed as of July 1, 2020 for non-EU candidates. Candidates with EU nationality can apply until August 15, 2020. Candidates with the Dutch nationality and candidates with a Dutch residence permit, can apply until September 15, 2020. There will be several selection rounds and early application is strongly recommended, as the number of positions is limited, and positions may be filled before the deadline.
Eindhoven University of Technology is one of Europe's best universities. It is specialized in technical scientific research and provides highly regarded training and educational and research programs. The university offers jobs that are right in the middle of society. An international, yet informal organization. A place, where one can expect excellent working conditions. http://www.tue.nl/
Web site for additional job details
The Post-Master's Program Automotive Systems Design is open to recent university graduates, in particular to Master's graduates from one of the following fields: Automotive Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Control Systems, Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems, or comparable.
The ASD program is internationally oriented and taught in English. The candidate should furthermore have:
- affinity with technology, keen interest in and good awareness of the current technological developments; knowledge of and affinity with the automotive field; experience with Matlab/Simulink; preferably knowledge of Vehicle Dynamics and Classical Feedback Control Theory (or extended knowledge of other fields that are in high demand in de Automotive sector);
- an academic, critical attitude and a good awareness of the state of the art in engineering design for high tech systems, most notable in the area of the Master thesis project;
- the ability to choose and apply methods, tools and techniques to solve actual, practical problems;
- the ability to stay abreast of current developments in the field of Automotive;
- better than average social and communicative competencies, including an excellent English proficiency in writing, speaking, reading, and understanding.
- a clear ambition in an industrial career, and an inclination towards the design and development of innovative, complex products, transforming academic research results into practical solutions
Program graduates will be awarded a certified diploma and the degree 'Professional Doctorate in Engineering' (PDEng). Their name will be entered in the PDEng register of the Royal Dutch Institute for Engineers (KIVI). The program is affiliated to the British Association of Engineering Doctorates (AEngD).
EURAXESS offer ID: 508881
Posting organisation offer ID: 290913
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.