ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Genetics and Animal Breeding PAS
RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciences › ZootechnicsBiological sciences › Biological engineeringBiological sciences › Laboratory animal scienceBiological sciences › ZoologyMedical sciences › Veterinary medicine
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE29/06/2020 15:25 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Jastrzebiec
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE30/06/2020
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
Director of the Institute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences (formerly Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding) in Jastrzębiec
opens competition for the positions of Assistant professor / Adjunct
(Polish “adiunkt”) in the following areas: Biotechnology / Biomedicine
based on the (Legal basis: Section 91(5) of the Act on the Polish Academy of Sciences of 30 April 2010 (Dz.U. (Journal of Laws) No.96, item 619) and Act on the Law on Higher Education and Science of 20 July 2018 (Dz.U. (Journal of Laws), item 1668, the Statute of the IGiHZ PAN, and the Regulations of Competition Procedure in Employment for Scientific Position in the Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding of the Polish Academy of Sciences of 2 March 2020.
The Institute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences (IGAB PAS) in Jastrzębiec n/Warsaw is seeking for scientists with expertise and hands-on experience in Biotechnology / Biomedicine
As a Researcher in the IGAB PAS, you will:
- Be responsible for the planning and experimental design of all research activities associated with your project role.
- Effectively communicate your conclusions and recommendations to the team.
- Utilize literature and patent searches, as well as connecting with your colleagues to learn new skills and/or seek collaborators to meet project needs.
- Contribute to the pipeline of new ideas.
- Gain understanding of the overall project strategy and how your deliverables contribute to our project goals.
- Exemplify the IGAB PAS values, including scientific integrity and teamwork.
The Institute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences has the HR Excellence in Research logo awarded by the European Commission to institutions which implement rules of the "European Charter for Researchers" and the "Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers".
We can offer:
- Full-time employment.
- Competitive salary.
- Bonuses for high IF publications.
- Animal facilities (mice, rats, rabbits, sheep, goats, cattle).
- Modern laboratory equipment.
- Strong institutional support in grant applications.
The scientific biography should have the following information:
- listed summary of scientific achievements, the number of researcher career-long citations record and the Hirsch index
- list of published, original scientific papers,
- listed research projects financed by external funding in which the candidate performed or acts as project manager or contractor,
- scientific profile, listing the main scientific interests,
- a statement on completion of a foreign scientific internship,
- information about research stays abroad, participation in conferences (country, institution, purpose of trip, duration),
- information on scientific cooperation with foreign countries (foreign scientific unit, form of cooperation, scope, achievements),
- information about prizes and awards of national and international importance (rank, year of receipt)
- list of qualifications and skills
The whole documentation should be submitted to the secretariat of the Institute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Jastrzębiec n/Warsaw, Postępu 36A Street, 05-552 Magdalenka; during working hours between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., by post or please send scans of all the documents by email: email@example.com
Publication date: Apr. 30th, 2020
Deadline for application: May 30th, 2020
Interview on-line - candidates will be notified of the date of the interview individually.
The Institute reserves the right to contact only candidates who meet the requirements described in the competition announcement and who submit a set of documents listed in the Annex to the Rules of the Procedure for Competitions when hiring for scientific positions.
The final decision shall be made by Jun. 30th, 2020
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- PhD degree in either: Biology, Genetics, Animal Science, Chemistry, Medicine, Biotechnology or related discipline.
- Broad knowledge of selected area: biomedical studies / veterinary / biochemistry / biotechnology with demonstrable experience in laboratory techniques (at least 3 years, publications from the JCR list).
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Leadership/participation in externally funded projects.
- Good experience in international cooperation.
Link to the rules of procedure for competitions for research positions at the Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding, Polish Academy of Sciences: https://tinyurl.com/ighz-rules-of-procedure1-eng
The candidates are asked to submit the following documents:
- letter of application,
- scientific biography
- personal questionnaire (template on the web site: https://tinyurl.com/ighz-pers-inf-form-word word; https://tinyurl.com/ighz-pers-inf-form-pdf pdf),
- a copy of a doctoral degree diploma,
- certificate confirming knowledge of English (in the absence of a certificate, knowledge of English will be checked during an interview).
EURAXESS offer ID: 519322
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.