ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Research for CERamics (IRCER) - Limoges, UMR CNRS 7315
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Chemical engineeringEngineering › Materials engineeringEngineering › Mechanical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE07/07/2020 13:18 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › Limoges
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2020
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
Thermomechanical properties of refractory materials, influence of the diffuse microcracking.
Your responsibilities include:
- Selection of materials (High Zirconia fused-cast refractories, Aluminium Titanate based refractory material) in close collaboration with St-Gobain and Safran;
- Development of specific techniques for the mechanical characterization of refractory materials at high temperature, in particular involving Digital Image Correlation (DIC);
- Characterization of high temperature mechanical properties (elasticity, thermal expansion, stress/strain laws, damage monitoring, thermal shock behaviour) of these different materials, with a particular attention on non-linear behaviour during tensile and compressive loadings;
- Interpretation of the obtained results in relation with microstructure evolution versus temperature to be investigated by classical laboratory means but also by more specific devices at synchrotron radiation sources in collaboration with other partners of HoTMiX;
- Managing micro-mechanic simulations using Discrete Element Method (DEM).
International research project context:
This PhD is part of a joint French-German academic research project funded for 3 years by the ANR and DFG agencies: HoTMiX project. It brings together 6 academic labs and is supported by the St Gobain and Safran companies. The aim of the project is to provide a deep understanding of the relationships between the nonlinear mechanical response of oxide materials at very high temperature and their microstructure at the nanoscale. The relationship between microstructure and mechanical properties will be explored by combining two different approaches. In situ measurements at very high temperature or under applied stresses will be carried out using X-ray based advanced techniques at synchrotron radiation beamlines and accurate microstructural modelling based on virtual microstructures submitted to temperature and external stresses evolutions will be developed.
More details about HoTMiX project:
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Master Degree or equivalent
Master level in materials science with a background in solid mechanics or master level in mechanics with a specialization in materials.
A great affinity with instrumentation, experimental investigations and microstructure characterization in order to interpret the obtained results. Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English.
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Institute of Research for CERamics (IRCER) - Limoges, UMR CNRS 7315
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 521405
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.